The research topics of the expert centre include:
- Seawater affected concrete structure’s long-term durability
- Models for chloride binding
- The influence of casting defects as well as unavoidable structural weaknesses on long-term durability
- Influence of rheology and casting method on durability of structures cast with SCC
- The influence of micro defects on durability
- Chloride threshold values for initiation of corrosion and corrosion rates in the propagation phase. Influence of binder system and environmental conditions.
- Models for cracks, including understanding damage formation in and through the interface between reinforcement and concrete.
- Numerical service life models based on chloride driven reinforcement corrosion and later expanded to other degradation mechanisms.
The mixing facility at the High Tech Concrete Lab at Danish Technological Institute
Microscopy Studies of among other cracks